Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Let us never forget.


    Isn't it funny that after 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and every other tragedy that has befallen our nation, we have responded by growing stronger and working together against the cause of the tragedy? Even before our nation was a reality, when the British closed down Boston's industry by closing the harbor, food and supplies pored in from the other colonies. This was only the beginning of America's response to tragedy.
   
    I believe that God, in his divine Providence, has allowed the near death-blows to work for good and make the nation even stronger. I have seen how, throughout history, Americans have messed up, and my patriotism has suffered for it. But today I realized that patriotism, in my book, is really to God and country. Sure, we've messed up, but God has used us to do wonderful things for his glory, like the Berlin airlift. 
"In God We Trust".

1 comment: