Friday, November 9, 2012

Muffins and Leaves

Today I have a very odd collaboration of topics. I had made muffins yesterday with a recipe from a weekly magazine that comes with our newspaper, and I would like to share the recipe with you.


Cranberry Almond Muffins
(makes 1 dozen)

2 cups four
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
(1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup chopped almonds)


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffin cups ar paper liners. 2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla for 1 minute on medium. Add flour mixture. ( I would add cranberries and almonds here.) Beat just until no streaks of flour remaim -- do not overmix! 3. Spoon batter into  muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops of muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Transfer muffins to a rack to cool slightly.
(If you want, you could also add chocolate chips.) 

I also want to share some pictures I took outside. Daniel very bluntly suggested that I take pictures when the leaves were on the trees. I think I managed to capture some very pretty things.




  

2 comments:

  1. I love the first picture of the leaves! And the muffins sure sound good!

    ReplyDelete